lunes, 9 de marzo de 2009

LONDON (I)


Last 21th of February I went to London with some people of 2nd of Batxillerat (about 30 persons) and three teachers. I had never felt attracted to London, but I have to admit that I have enjoyed it a lot. One person said that you can like or you can dislike it, but that’s the way London is, and I think that’s so true. I didn’t know a lot of things about the place we were going to visit, but now I think I have got an idea of it.

We get in the bus to the airport of Girona at 4 am and the flight was at 6:20. We were a bit tired (well, some people more than others) and I slept most of the journey. Even so, I sit near the window of the plane to see the landscape. When I woke up, we already were in England. After getting out of the plane, I realized we were in the UK: The signs were in English, the floor was carpeted and the door of the bus was at the left side. I couldn’t sleep during the journey to the hotel (we were in Stansted and we had to go to London), I was amazed: the bus and all of the vehicles drove on the left (there was a billboard in the exit of the airport for the daydreaming), the steering wheel of cars was at the left (at first, if you aren’t used to that, it seems like if the car has no driver), the buildings had something “special” and each billboard or shop sign was interesting.

One of the first things I saw in London was the Big Red Bus. It’s important for me because the first English book I had was called “Big Red Bus”, and I still remember the song “Bus, bus, bus, super bus. Big, big, big, big red bus...”. All of the buses have a number, and I thought it was the number of the bus, but I saw three buses with the same number, which means the line of the bus, and I have to say that London is full of buses. There is one each five minutes! Here, in my town, two buses in one hour is a lot.

We arrived at the hotel approximately at 9:30 am. At first, we had to stay in the Royal National, but there had been a last-minute change and we went to the Tavistock hotel. I think the change was good because with this hotel we had the “English breakfast” included, and it was one of the things of London that I was wishing to try. But let's not cross the bridge before we come to it.

2 comentarios:

Faye dijo...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI my little adri... it was so fast and BANG! i was started philosophizing about time... ^^ Oh perhaps i'll try to convince you! you're english is getting better and better you actually just need some practice overzeas! ^^

PD: u know i'm spontaneous sometimes :$

Faye dijo...

Oh and by the way ^^ for now i'm finishing MGS3! i'm at the end already and i just need to fight against Volgin ._. after it i will continue with dragon quest 8 ^^ perhaps i'm lucky and i pass the game in less then 60 hours ... its a large RPG! ^^ what about you?