lunes, 9 de marzo de 2009

Willing to drive


One of the things that I’ve always desired is the driving license. Cars are one of my weaknesses and I am dying to drive one. Maybe it is the only reason why I want to be 18 years old. Last year, when I knew I could start getting the driving license, I didn’t doubt and I did it. The exam consists of two parts: the theoretical part and the practical part. The first one can be done if you are sixteen and the second one requires eighteen years old (although that’s not necessary for the practices before the exam).

It was summer, I had finished the first year of Batxillerat and I had two free weeks before start working. I went to the driving school and they told me that, if I wanted to pass the first exam in two weeks I had to “live” in the driving school. And that’s what I did: I went there nearly every day, from the first hour of the morning until the afternoon (taking some breaks, of course), doing more and more tests. And I passed the exam. It consists of 30 questions with three possible answers (A, B or C) and you can’t do more than three mistakes. I had two (I didn’t know if a novice driver can put curtains in the backside of the car...). After that, I had planned to start the practices this year in Holy Week, but I have a lot of work in the school and I think I’ll wait until summer. I don't like this idea, but I’ll have to renounce to do the exam the day of my birthday. Deep down that's not very serious because, if I can, I’ll have it sooner or later.

Another problem that I have is the car. I want to have a car only for me, but I think I’ll have to wait because my parents won’t buy me one and I don’t have enough money to buy it (and to maintain it!). Also, the insurance tends to be very expensive for new drivers. I’ll probably use the old Renault Clio (which is as old as me) of my mother because I don’t want the Seat Córdoba of my father, I think it is quite long. But as fast as I can, I will get my own car. Maybe it will be a second hand car, but for me is enough. If I lived in a city like London or Barcelona, I wouldn’t need it but, here, public transport isn’t very good and to have a car is almost indispensable.

2 comentarios:

~Sandra~ dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
~Sandra~ dijo...

I have the car licence and you nooooooooooooooooo =P
also I have a very beautiful red Ferrari!!
One day I have to wear you to some place then you see that I drive very good!! =D

kisses

~Sandra~