jueves, 5 de marzo de 2009

By candlelight


Imagine the world without electricity. No energy to run our computers, to light our rooms, to watch the TV. Maybe with the daylight we can think that we could bear this situation, but it’s not the same at night, when the blue sky changes turns dark. I know we could use candles or make fire but, have you tried to read or to write with the light of a candle? It’s completely different than the pure and shining light of a bulb.

Music is another problem. What would we do in this case? Yes, an MP3 player has got enough battery for some hours but, without electricity, a gadget becomes a very nice paperweight. Maybe to sing or to play an instrument would be a solution.

This hasn’t been a tale and I’m not talking about the Middle Ages. This is the XXI Century and there isn’t electricity in my town. My computer has turned off and the lights have switched off.

Of course, I’m not using a candle light to see what I’m writing, but the light of a torch is not the best I’ve ever seen. I’m sure that electricity won’t take a lot of time to come again. Then, I’ll be able to turn on my PC again and the battery of the MP3 player won’t go flat. But it’s a fact that makes me reflect. What would happen if electricity disappeared without a date of return? The panic would spread or maybe we would accept that, to live like our ancestors did, but with more experience. Perhaps we would change to the habit of listening real music, talking with people directly, etc.

The question I want to make is: Has electricity come here to stay?

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Wow, I can't imagine my world without electricity! without computers.. oh no!