lunes, 9 de marzo de 2009

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...,17,18!


This is the year of number 18. Now, people in class are becoming of age, one after another. Normally, a birthday is an important fact, but I think that the 18th birthday is one of the most special dates in the life of a person. It’s the day when somebody becomes an adult, maybe not in a psychologically way but officially (for good things and for bad things). You get more rights, more freedom, but you also have more duties and, if you commit a crime, for example, you can go to prison.

Thinking about it thoroughly, time has past very fast. I have always wanted to be off age, but I didn’t know that this moment was going to arrive now. Well, I still have to wait some time until May, but I’m sure that months will go very quickly. There’s a difference between those who are born at the beginning of the year or at the end. It must be difficult to wait and see how some people already are eighteen and you must wait one year. I don't have this problem because I was born “in the middle”, and I like it because the wait isn’t very long.

Some persons that are 18 say that there it isn’t a big change. Maybe it’s true, surely the day of my 18th birthday I’ll do the same things I did before: I’ll continue living at home with my parents, I won’t have the driving license yet (I think I’ll have to wait some days) and I won’t go to buy cigarettes, which is another thing that an adult can do.
Anyway, I’m not in a rush to be of age, I’ll enjoy my 17 years as much as I can and I’ll continue watching how time passes, how things change unrelentingly.

No hay comentarios: